I’ve met so many really great people in the blogging world, and it’s fascinating how I’ve come to really know their stories. Anyway, I want to thank Hayley for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I’ll try not to bore you incessantly with mundane Grace facts. “Try” being the key word here.
Here are the rules…
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you
- Create 11 new questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post
- Thank the person that nominated you and tell the people you’ve nominated
1. I make my bed every single morning. And if I don’t get the chance to, which is incredibly rare, I’ll make it when I get home. My room just seems too disheveled if it’s not made. I also believe I sleep better when getting into an organized and inviting bed.
2. I only ate buttered noodles and pate for about two thirds of my life. I took an interest in cooking and new cuisines in high school and then developed rapidly into a foodie. Now my parents don’t know who I am. They can’t tell you how it happened, but they sure are thankful. I received many a threat that if I didn’t finish my glass of whole milk (yes, I know) or stay at the table until everyone was done, my principal would be called.
3. My grandmother is one of my favorite people. She’s incredibly strong, fascinating, and quirky. I never cease to be amazed by a new life story she tells me–about her travels, the people she’s met, or the antics of my dad. I can count the Christmases I’ve spent without her on one hand, so I really don’t know how to associate that holiday without Ma–making cookies on her butcher block, walking down the stairs hand in hand on Christmas morning, or discussing politics the night of Christmas Eve.
4. I want a puppy, badly. Or more so, I want to vicariously have one. Not exactly in the right house, city, or stage of my life for one. But hopefully soon. I crave the long walks, cuddle sessions, and companion runs. I may or may not have a few names picked out in anticipation.
5. A few friends the other night made the discovery that I am insanely ticklish behind my ears. Like the earlobe and back of ears area. What a random finding, 23 years down the road. It also may be that I just don’t like people touching my ears–one of those personal spots, you know? And if we’re on a tickle tangent, my brother use to tickle me to such a degree that I think I’m desensitized to it. My arms and feet have been through more tickling than one human being should experience 😉
6. I rarely eat an apple without cinnamon or almonds. It’s an ideal combination, and I have become so use to this paring that the experience is not the same without the three. I’ve been known to keep a baggy of almonds in my purse. Doesn’t everyone?
7. I’m not a fan of Florida weather. Eeeeeeeeek, I may now be shunned from my home town of Tampa and all my friends. But it truly is tooooo hot. There are maybe 3 months out of the year that are tolerable, and those being the winter months when you shouldn’t be wrapping the Christmas gifts next to a fan, AC unit, and bowl of ice. Growing up in that environment made me awed and moved by the variance of the seasons. It’s really magical to see the pigmentation of the leaves change, experience your first snow in a new city, and witness the blossoming of orange tulip bulbs.
8. I have a slight addiction to cereal and cannot buy it for myself. It will not last in my house and I will devour it all within days. It’s a problem. And I’m seeking help.
9. After hearing from all the wise women of the world, I try to wear sunscreen on my face everyday. Just a little SPF. I know how powerful and destructive those UV rays are regardless of sun or rain. I found a great matted moisturizer SPF so that I don’t feel like I’m putting my makeup onto a greasy sunblock canvas. Sorry boys, that one was for the girls’ ears.
10. My family and I have an odd sequence of birthdays. Me: February SIXTH, my mom: January SEVENTH, my brother: March EIGHTH, and my dad: March twenty NINETH. Okay, that might now blow your mind, but I think it’s kind of neat.
11. I like that blogging is keeping my accountable. Having this outlet forces me to be reflective on my experiences, adventuresome in my activities, and exploratory in my voice and writing direction. Otherwise, it is incredibly challenging to sit yourself down on top of your bustling schedule and obligations, and just write for yourself. So now I’m writing for myself and everyone else.
- What is your favorite holiday and why? I’ve always been fond of Thanksgiving. I love the tradition we had with my godparents–switching off hosting every other Thanksgiving between Tampa and West Palm. The food, the smells, the energy, the games are all wonderful memories for me.
- Stranded on an island – what 3 things would you want with you? Chapstick, Steinbeck’s East of Eden, and my running shoes.
- What are the first 5 things you do when you wake up in the morning? Hit snooze, glance at my emails, take a sip of water, brush my teeth, and take a moment of gratitude.
- Favorite meal of the day? BREAKFAST. Endless possibilities.
- If you could only do one form of exercise the rest of your life, what would it be? Oh man, I’m in a tough situation. I’d say running because it’s such an emotional release for me. But yoga is doing that for me, as well right now.
- Who is your #1 role model? My parents
- Who is your celebrity crush? George Clooney. Tall, dark, and handsome.
- If you could jump forward 10 years and have any career you want, what would be your dream job? Well, I’m having that crisis already and toying with so many ideas. But either owning my own company/brand, or consulting for a value-aligned health based company. Also being able to travel globally for work.
- What is your favorite way to “splurge” and treat yourself with your money? I rarely do it, but a massage. I hold a lot of tension and stress in my shoulders and hips, so I feel like a new woman after a massage.
- Are you an animal person? Do you have any pets or want any? Love animals. Not cats, sorry. Slightly allergic and they bore me.
- Would you describe yourself as an introvert or extrovert? We just did the Myers Briggs test again during a work retreat. I’m an extrovert in the work field. But socially, an introvert. I’m definitely gregarious but I enjoy my me-time and need to recharge after long days with people.
1. Where is your happy place to retreat to?
2. How many siblings do you have?
3. If you could have one superpower?
4. Your top Christmas wish list?
5. If you could be anywhere in the world right now?
6. What did you have for breakfast?
7. Biggest pet peeve?
8. Never have I ever…?
9. Earliest memory?
10. Early bird or night owl?
11. Least favorite food?
Wanted to nominate everyone, so feel free to leave any answers in the comments below. Enjoy!!