In between deep, fistful plunges into my bottomless
snack bag purse, there were some good eats. Fresh hummus screams spring, yet the snow outside and my frozen strawberries not as much. Making do with my meals since the groundhog was clearly mistaken.
Parfait please. Layered greek yogurt, protein pancake, strawberries, and sunflower seeds. Good Wednesday morning indeed
I had an unnotable mid-day meal, however, the hummus I made was a salient concoction. I was a little tired of buying $4 “gourmet” hummus at Whole Foods, so I took matters into my own hands.
- In a blender/cusinart, add 1/2 cup of bean of choice. I used a chickpeas and white navy beans
- Add equal amount of edamame. Thawed if frozen
- Add 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Add lemon juice and vinegar to taste
- Season with herbs of provence and salt
- Use on anything and everything savory
Tempeh salad. The perfect accompaniment to book club reading. The Yoga of Jesus anyone? Wasn’t a huge fan of the book–the writing was not very succinct. So don’t you go rushing out to buy it all at once 🙂