As I mentioned, I took time to sleep in and enjoy my weekend. Leisurely moment by leisurely moment. This was clearly spurred by homemade breakfast for me and Richard. It was nice to take the time and whip something up in the kitchen, rather than rush around from obligation to errand to appointment. Perfect fuel for my ten miler that afternoon.
Egg scramble for me and banana flambee pancakes for him.
Loving my big salads recently. Including falafel and hummus. You can go ahead and swoon now
Make this now. Not sure where my muse came from, but I was inspired to make nut encrusted fish. Hence, my pistachio salmon was born. I love the flavor of pistachios and per Richard’s request for flavorful fish opposed to a delicate white, we chose salmon.
Pistachio Encrusted Salmon:
1) Drench filets in egg mixture (think egg and breadcrumb process)
2) Crush pistachios to fine/medium consistency
3) Pat pistachios onto both sides of filet
4) Season with lemon, herb mixture, salt, and pepper
5) Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Or less if smaller filet
Hopefully this means that spring has reawakened the chef in me. I’ve been slacking on the creativity and home cooking front.