The biting temperatures are beginning to set in. Thanks a lot Sandy…and November, I guess. Oh yes, leg warmers, leggings, and Patagonia sweaters are frequently making appearances on moi.
Don’t judge the leg warmers–they go very nicely over my yoga leggings.
It’s only natural as the temperature drops that my affinity for a hot cup of tea has been rekindled. I’m tea toating. Not teetotaling. I’ve been starting my mornings not with hot tea but hot water and lemon. This little combination was introduced to me during our TT discussion of routines/Sadhanas. Many of my teachers begin their days with this soothing, Ayurvedic concoction for its various mind and body benefits:
- Citric acid detoxes your body, cleansing your entire system. Lemons are highly alkaline and help restore balance to your pH levels.
- It improves digestion, as the vitamins and minerals in lemon juice aid in flushing out bacteria. The warm water stimulates the gastrointestinal tract and peristalsis
- The Vitamin C rejuvenates your skin–leaving you with a fresh face and breath
- Lemon water is a natural energy drink and provides a healthier energy boost than artificially, caffeinated beverages
- Keeps the lymph system hydrated, preventing adrenal fatigue and toxin buildup
- Pectin fiber helps fight hunger cravings
What’s your morning routine?